New Life #789 – The Senses And The Feeling Of Life
Dr. Michael Laitman in conversation with Oren Levi and Yael Leshed-Harel
We don’t know what is outside of us, but only what we perceive with our senses.
- A person is not able to exist without receiving information from the environment; he is a part of it, he receives and emits information.
- As a part of evolution, our desire to receive developed five senses to serve it. If a person would cut all of his senses off from absorbing information, within a few minutes he would collapse and become disconnected from life.
- The sense of touch is the most basic sense, without the sense of touch a person stops feeling his existence. When the tactile sense ceases to function, it stops a person’s life.
- Even imagination is only a result of the senses.
- The general sense is the desire to receive, to enjoy, and the senses are like its branches, its limbs.
- It is also possible to develop a spiritual existence through a desire to bestow. This desire to bestow is a spiritual concept that we don’t understand; it is possible to develop it through the wisdom of Kabbalah.
- When the desire to bestow is developed, five spiritual senses are developed within it: Keter, Hochma, Bina, Zeir Anpin and Malchut.
- The difference between the various senses is in the kind of waves they absorb.
From KabTV’s “New Life #789 – I and nature: The Senses And The Feeling Of Life,” 11/8/16
| Video: Play Now | Download
||Audio: Play Now | Download|