New Life #784 – The Truth Behind Political Correctness
Dr. Michael Laitman in conversation with Oren Levi and Tal Mandelbaum ben Moshe
Why do people feel the need to be politically correct? When is it right to hide social injustice and what will lead to true egalitarianism in society?
There is no truth in the relations between us. We hide what we really think.
- The ego grows from one generation to the next. In the past there was a clear division between social classes, whereas today everyone wants to be respected.
- In the 20th century everyone has an opportunity to study and to develop.
- We are not equal by nature. We have different characters, different genes, and different attributes, but subconsciously we all aspire for equality.
- Equality means that everyone contributes as much as he can to others and not that everyone does whatever he feels like. We are supposed to develop to a state of mutual complementation, which will connect all of us.
- Mutual complementation is possible only if we act according to the rule of “love will cover all our transgressions.”
- The recognition of evil without knowing the remedy for correcting it is destructive.
- We are living in an evil culture where everyone hates everyone else and everyone needs a lawyer by his side.
- We have a method for correcting evil and it is based on teaching all of society how to connect to each other.
- By being politically correct we prefer to keep quiet and not to say the truth, which leads to a breach in our relations. By teaching people to connect, we develop the ties between us.
- In the future, political correctness will disappear and the teaching of how to connect between people, how to love above the hatred, will emerge.
From KabTV’s “New Life 784 – The Truth Behind Political Correctness,” 10/27/16
| Video: Play Now | Download
||Audio: Play Now | Download|